Friday, June 15, 2012


Product Reviewed: Ole Henriksen's Anti-Ageing Starter Kit


In the interest of full disclosure, I have to start off by admitting two things: 1) I am a kit junkie--I will buy nearly any product that comes in a 'kit' of some kind. 2) I am biased in favor of Ole Henriksen products (but for good reason--this stuff really works!)  


Okay, now that I've gotten that out in the open, let me tell you how much I LOVE Ole Henriksen's Anti-Ageing starter kit.  I bought this kit for the first time a little over a year ago, as a kick-start to my skin care regimen.  I bought the kit again to take with me on vacation.  I loved it when I first tried it, and I love it even more now.  For starters, it's an amazing deal ($68 for roughly a month's supply of six anti-aging products).  Also, the line is all natural and contains the ultra effective African Red Tea.  As a treat, the products all smell amazing. 


Here's the breakdown by product:


African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser: If this cleanser were a man, it'd be the strong yet sensitive type.  This cleanser removes make-up yet is still gentle enough for even the most sensitive skins.  Works amazing with a Clarisonic, and leaves skin feel cleansed and hydrated.  No wonder it won an All Natural Beauty Award.  


African Red Tea Face Mist: This is the only product in this set that I would not consider a must-have.  This tonic (aka toner) includes African Red Tea, white tea, and pomegranate to tighten pores, hydrate and calm skin, and leave you glowing.  While this mist feels and smells great, I don't really notice much benefit from its use, and tend to skip the toning step of my cleansing routine.


Sugar Glow Face Scrubs: Not everyone is a fan of facial scrubs (admittedly, some can be abrasive and rough, or even cause micro cuts in the skin that breed bacteria and lead to break outs).  This scrub is gentle and sugar-based.  It purifies skin by removing dead skin cells, while simultaneously brightening and providing antioxidant protection.    Use 2-3x/week in the morning for a glowing complexion.


Express the Truth Cream: This is an absolutely AMAZING night cream.  It absorbs quickly and leaves skin feeling immediately softer.  It's nourishing and rich, yet not too heavy for combination skin types.  This moisturizer is packed with protective ingredients to prevent aging as well as age reversal ingredients and peptides to firm and lift.  (I have two creases on my forehead that drive me crazy, and I noticed a decrease in their appearance after using this cream for three weeks.)


Visual Truth Eye Cream: All the protective and anti-aging benefits of the face cream, with added ingredients to promote skin elasticity and bolster the resiliency of delicate eye tissue.  (Again, after using this eye cream for several weeks I saw a noticeable reduction in fine lines/wrinkles and puffiness.  Thank you, Ole!)


Feel the Difference Perfecting Mask: This mask delivers a cooling and firming sensation while dousing skin with essential vitamins, anti-oxidants, and African Red Tea.  This mask is a real treat for your skin, and works for all skin types.


Okay, after all that....bottom line: Great value, phenomenal all-natural products, visible results.  Um, what more do you want??


No comments:

Post a Comment