Thursday, June 14, 2012


Product Reviewed: Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder Foundation


I recently picked up a Laura Mercier Mineral Powder to bring with me on a three week vacation.  The powder can be used wet or dry and claims be able to provide coverage ranging from light to full.  I was happy with the versatility of the coverage.  (Especially on a vacation, being able to customize a single product to achieve multiple looks is key!)  


I will say that I am never a big proponent of sponge applicators, but Laura Mercier specifically recommends using a sponge, so I used the sponge included with the powder.  The sponge sufficed for the three week trip, but became caked with product.  I would have to beg to differ with Laura and recommend using a brush for this powder.


I was disappointed in the rate at which I used up the powder.  I didn't wear it every day (and I didn't apply it too heavily), yet after only two weeks the product was about 1/3 gone.  At $40, I would've expected this powder to last much longer.


I also like that the formula includes ingredients designed to mimic skin's natural composition, as well as the fact that the powder has an SPF of 15.


That being said, I wouldn't buy this powder again.  I didn't fall in love with it, and for the price it was not a great value.


Tip: You can wash Laura Mercier sponges in order to keep them clean.  (Especially for sensitive or acne-prone skin types, keep sponges clean is essential.)


No comments:

Post a Comment