Wednesday, March 7, 2012



Product Review: Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation


This foundation is a truly full-coverage foundation, and is a Godsend for oily/combination skin type.  Anti-ageing ingredients (phytostem edelweiss and lavandox) promise to reduce the appearance of wrinkles by 11% after 24 hours of wear, and by 15% after 20 days of use.  I don't have much in term of wrinkles, but I am loving the coverage and matte finish.  I'm all about preventative use of anti-ageing products, so I love that I can get amazing coverage while treating my skin to a makeup that actually helps improve skin's appearance over time. 


Only problem I have--and this is an issue I have with all my Hourglass products that come in a pump bottle--is that the pump can sometimes get stuck and take a while to produce product.  No bueno when I'm rushing out the door in the morning!  Friends of mine who have played with this product complain that there isn't a great selection of colors for very fair or very deep skin tones (sadly, true of most foundations.)  This is definitely going to be my go-to summer foundation!


Tip:  Try with Hourglass' Veil Mineral Primer.  It'll give you unbeatable staying power (hello, water resistant!), and has an SPF 15 to protect your skin.  The texture is SUPER luxurious--no wonder it's always a best seller!  

No comments:

Post a Comment