Friday, March 9, 2012



Product Reviewed: Temptu Airbrush System


Although there is definitely a group of Temptu lovers out there, I can't say I am part of that group.  At close to $300 for the system, Temptu is nothing more than an overpriced gimmick to me.  The idea behind the system is that it provides a fast and easy way to get an airbrushed make up look at home. Temptu promises that it will give you a naturally perfected look; provide waterproof, long-lasting coverage; and reduce your make up application time.   In reality, I've found that Temptu gives splotchy, uneven coverage (thus increasing the time it takes to get a natural look); and takes forever to dry and set.  The expensive system and pods will end up costing you much more than traditional make up, and provides inferior quality.  


Even after deciding that Temptu was not for me I still used on on clients (girls love the idea of being "airbrushed"), and still found that Temptu wasn't living up to its promises.  With the uneven coverage and constantly-clogging machine, foundation application took forever!  In the long run the system will cost you a lot of money, time, and frustration.  Did I mention the system regularly malfunctions and requires troubleshooting?  Stick with the make up you've been using for years, and skip this gimmick!


Tip: I had a chance to play with the Temptu Pro model, and have heard great things about this version.  I don't know enough to give a fair review as I've only used it once, but it could be worth checking out if you're committed to the idea of airbrush make up!

No comments:

Post a Comment